Friday, October 2, 2009

FOUNDATION FRIDAY!!!!

GIORGIO ARMANI FACE FABRIC

I know that this has been out for awhile now, but since I’m an airbrush junkie I hardly ever think about the rest of the world who doesn’t get to do this for a living & needs a good quick solution to even out skin.


Face Fabric is an invisible makeup with a 3D Micro-fil™ technology. Its unique Micro-fil™ formulations bring lightness and fluidity to makeup, allowing infinite blending and layering to enhance the natural glow of the skin. (via giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com)


I recently received a sample of Giorgio Armani's face fabric foundation and wow this stuff is amazing! I don't think I have ever tried a foundation that was as weightless as this one. (Not even airbrush…shhh!) It reminds me of mousse because it's so creamy and velvety. Once applied it literally disappeared onto my skin and left my complexion looking flawless, almost like it had been airbrushed. You can't even tell that you are wearing foundation, that's how natural it looks. It's also silicone-based, which helps to smooth out those fine lines and imperfections that we begin to accumulate as we age.

This would be a great foundation to wear in the summer months as it is somewhat like a tinted moisturizer. It's lightweight and the coverage is buildable.

I must say Giorgio Armani products have never let me down yet. This one is definitely getting added to my top favorite foundations. It's definitely a keeper and a must have!

Just a few tips when working with this foundation:

- It's practically a silicone gel so skip any heavy silicone based primers like Clarins Instant Smooth or the heavier silicone gels like Smashbox. The reason for this is if you layer face fabric over a dense silicone base, the texture will become splotchy and unnatural in direct light.

- This mattifies the skin like a silicone primer would so it's a good idea to prep the skin with a moisturizing primer like MUFE Elixir if you have dry skin or YSL Top Secrets for combination skin. This ensures that the foundation won't make you look overly matte while it still controls oil throughout the day.

- I've tried to apply this with a MAC 187, 188, 109 and 190 and none of them work better than my fingers. I simply smooth the product onto my skin and the most important step is to then pat my face rapidly in order to even out the distribution and help the silicone really 'bond' with your skin. That's what the Armani SA told me to do and it's what really makes the foundation look like a second skin.

- Alternatively you can smooth the product on with your fingers and then gently brush over it with a blush brush like the MAC 165 instead of patting for a velvety smooth airbrush finish. This only works for face fabric because it has a very light, silicone gel texture which literally glides across your skin.

- Because of the silicone in this, it can tend to dry out the skin underneath your eyes and exaggerate lines (even if you're only 20). The best way to counteract this is to pat on some eye cream beforehand or only use the excess product left on your fingers after applying the face fabric and then pat that under your eyes - following up with a highlighter or concealer if necessary.

- Even for combo skin it's not necessary to set the foundation with a layer of powder but powder really helps to just add a finishing touch to the look and improve it's staying power. I use Chanel's Poudre Douce in Peche Tendre and lightly dust that over my face with a fan brush which looks natural and keeps my face fresh all day. Rely on the face fabric to control your oil, not your powder or you'll look cakey and dry. Also remember your blotting papers!

So there it is my dears! My First Foundation Friday Offering….let me know what you think!

Muah, Moi…

No comments:

Post a Comment