Now, I've heard some buzzy-buzz about this (and Loreal, FYI...they'll be on the HD bandwagon too) but was afraid I would have to wait to try it but NO! This is technically not supposed to be out until March 2010 but Target and CVS have early releases and this means I'm all over it! BOGO at CVS if you can because this is about $14.00 each.
I have previously tried Make Up Forever HD foundation and Cargo Blu-Ray HD foundation and liked their results initially but did not like the fact that they oxidized and left my client with an orange tone after a few hours. Smashbox has been holding my attention with their HIGH DEFINITION FOUNDATION and HALO powder but it's painfully spendy so I've been on the lookout for something with good medium coverage that's buildable. I think this might be it!
- Has a little shimmer, gives a subtle glow to the skin that creates an almost "dewy" effect.
- SPF 20 which is fabulous for day wear for those of us who are of the pasty variety and/or are fighting the age monster tooth and perfectly manicured nail.
- Recommended tool for application is the foundation brush (currently GWP at Target) which means less touching of the skin and less opportunity for nasty breakouts from those gnarly sponges we refuse to through out.
- Buildable coverage which means you can start out with a thin layer and keep building up until you have the coverage you desire. Some days call for more camo than others...
- Lasts forever...we all remember ColorStay from Revlon, well this does stay & doesn't get that gummy look that sometimes occurs from CS if you let it go too long.
- Has a little shimmer...that's not so great for everyone. (complaints of looking Cullen-esque have been reported but you be the judge)
- SPF 20 which is NOT great for photography...this will only matter to MUAs and photographers.
- Limited color offerings (for now).
- Better for oiler skin types because of the high level of pigment which can be drying.
Merry Christmas, Poodles!